View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 08:45 AM   #11
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
I have Kindle 1 and early Sony ebook readers that have screens that still work great with no noticeable deterioration so life is at least 10 years+. No idea if number of page turns can wear out a screen but it seems like the switches on the early readers fail before the screen does.
I think it’s a different situation, minimal page turns vs continuous scrolling someone might do on an eink monitor. If you’re reading that is a hundred screen updates in a session, vs on the monitor maybe as many updates in just a few motions. If the buttons are wearing out just from page turns they must be bad.

I don’t expect an eink monitor to last many years if used a lot every day.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote