View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 02:13 AM   #2867
JohnMorris
Enthusiast
JohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: PRS650, Kobo touch, PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
That's a movie only addition

Not every story needs a dramatic twist ending. But for the story being told and the point being made, that ending was so perfect that I have to wonder if Harry wasn't kicking himself for not having thought of it.
Many years ago I was in the audience of a talk by Harry Harrison, and the topic of "Make Room! Make Room!" and "Soylent Green" came up.

He absolutely _hated_ that film, and excoriated whoever was responsible for that twist. He named the name, but it escapes me now. However I do recall him noting that whoever it was "rapes puppies at midnight".

I still, somewhere, have my autographed (and by now very battered) copy of "Bill the Galactic Hero" from that evening. He wrote "Bill Lives!" above his signature.
JohnMorris is offline   Reply With Quote