View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 02:56 PM   #550
Jayjee
Connoisseur
Jayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by leojab View Post
Hi, has anyone tried using the Samsung Dex pad to view on Onyx Boox Max 2. I linked them up and all but it displays just black screen on Max 2.
i thought normally it should work smoothly on max 2 via HDMI but weird.\
Any known fix?
I tried it too (my dex pad arrived this week). Same experience. Found the following points in the electronic manual of the DexPad:
Quote:
• If the TV or monitor do not support HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), the Samsung DeX mode screen may not be displayed.
• Samsung DeX mode supports HD+, FHD, and WQHD resolutions. Some content on your mobile device may be displayed differently on the TV or monitor.
I am not technical enough to comment on the first point, whether Max2 in conkunction with the monitor app supports HDCP, in any case there is a little opening there ("may not be displayed").
However, the second point is definitely a party crasher, since I can understand, that it is only possible to use the native resolution of the Max2 in the monitor app...
So unless one of the tech freaks here in this thread has a solution for the resolution, I guess using the Max2 with the DexPad remains a dream...

Best,
Jan
Jayjee is offline   Reply With Quote