View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 02:27 PM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I have no problem allowing movies to be different products than the books they're based on. My dislike (or like) of one has no effect on my perception of the one I experienced first. I don't even care if the changes seem unnecessary, or *gasp* non-canonical. Good is good and bad is bad. And a bad theatrical production of a favorite book has no power to ruin or mar my experience with the original. Or vice versa.

I hated The Hobbit movie trilogy, not because it was different from the original, but because I thought the movies were downright horrible in their own right.

I loved the LoTR books and I loved the movies--differences and all (and yes, I noticed nearly every one).

The changes to the Harry Potter books bothered me not in the least when watching the movies. I found both versions worthy of admiration.

Disliked McCarthy's No Country for Old Men but loved the Cohen Bros. movie adaptation of the same (read the book first).

Loved Douglas Adams' Dirk Gently books, and I love the new TV series based on it. Even though the latter is barely recognizable (except for the names) compared to the former. I'm honestly not sure why they just didn't call the TV show something else. But it's entertaining just the same.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote