View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #48
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
Whoa whoa whoa, there. Camera and gps are not a requirement for a tablet to be Android. In fact, as far as I know, there IS no set specifications, from Google, for hardware. The lack of a camera and gps doesn't in any way prevent this from being an android tablet...
Whoa whoa whoa my ass. As I said.

The point of this whole thread is about apps for Fire. Because it is very limited in its hardware many apps simply will not work. On top of that the entire reason for it's existence is for Amazon to sell stuff. It is NOT a generic Android Tablet. Yes that's a period.

Google expects many things from a device for it to meet it's optimal requirements -- two of those being a camera, gps, and a gyroscope -- none of which I understand are in the Fire. It is NOT a generic tablet because it is crippled.

Last edited by kennyc; 10-12-2011 at 03:02 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote