View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 08:10 AM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
But perhaps make life easier for them by making the dummy data something like 'insert book name'? Similarly for other required fields.
If they don't know the values are editable (though why values in a Metadata Editor wouldn't be editable, I'll never know), then I fail to see how changing the dummy value would help.

Though now that I think about it, changing the "[no data]" placeholders to "[double-click here to change this value]" just might be enough to jump start newbies.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote