View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #392
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
What I've noticed is not that it gets brighter but when the screen turns black, due to the refresh, there *seems* to be a flash because for a brief second the light goes out and then goes back on. This flash, or perhaps blink might be a better word, is what someone trying to sleep next you might notice. The level of the light from the Paperwhite doesn't change, there is no brownout. From my wife's perspective it's much better than me reading with the Touch's lighted cover.
My question is whether this effect is the same, better, or worse that using a case light on an unlighted e-ink screen?
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote