View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 05:10 PM   #21
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
One just has to be willing to read the reviews from 'common folks'.
The problem is finding the good reviewers. Not just "being willing to read"--I know half a dozen excellent reviewers at LiveJournal (erm, mostly of fanfic), and there are some specific book-rec communities, but you have to know they exist to find them. And then you have to figure out whose reviews are worth paying attention to, and who just says "I liked this one, therefore it was great! I didn't like that one, therefore it sucked!"

Ebooks that don't exist as pbooks are scattered around the web, and reviews are even more scattered. There's a lot of terrific writing being ignored because nobody knows it exists or where to find it.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote