View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
lavina
lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Nested TOC problem with NST

Hi!

Non-rooted NST owner here. I have a problem with sideloaded epubs that have nested TOC.
Ever since the 1.2.1 update removed the page-numbers for the Chapters page, I've been using the "Go to" feature to see how many pages are left until the next chapter.
However, a nested TOC can screw that up. Lots of times, "Go to" simply doesn't recognize that I'm in a sub-level TOC element, or whatever, even though the Contents pages shows the chapters properly nested.

Example:
Code:
- PART 1
- - ch 1
- - ch 2
- - ch 3
- PART 2
- - ch 4
- - ch 5
In the above case it probably wouldn't matter which chapter I was reading, it would display which PART I was in and how many pages I'd have left until the next PART.
With some books it works, with other it doesn't. Opening these epubs in Sigil, I just can't spot the difference. The TOC.NCX files seem correct, pointing to the HTML files, and I let Sigil re-number them all the time, if that matters.
Probably has something to do with my EPUB files. Does anyone else have this problem? Any tips to fix it?

Last edited by lavina; 07-15-2013 at 09:31 AM.
lavina is offline   Reply With Quote