View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #16
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Thanks for the heads up!

I've read some of Beverle Graves Myers' Baroque Venice-set opera mysteries from the library and they were pretty decent. I'll be happy to scoop up the sale volume especially at that price and DRM-free and try one or two of the other offerings.
I also liked the Beverle Graves Myers books. I enjoyed the sense of time and place - a time and place I didn't know much about beforehand.

In addition I like the Mary Reed/Eric Mayer series set in the early days of Constantinople. I first picked one up in advance of our recent trip to Istanbul (why read a guide book when you can read a murder mystery series ), and I enjoyed that one enough that I read several more. Four for a Boy is actually a "prequel" even though its number/place in the series wouldn't seem to indicate that.
sufue is online now   Reply With Quote