View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladywiththepants View Post
Thank you everyone, this is all very helpful. I have a website already in place - [promotional link deleted - MODERAT0R] and currently sell products from my site using paypal. I paid to have my site set up... if I had to do it myself ...well lets just say I would still be working on it.

So this morning I connected my phone and dragged my epub files for my two books into my iphone library and they successfully loaded into my iphone - I also have Stanza on my phone and they successfully loaded there as well. I already validated them on three press.org successfully.

I am still confused as to the two formats - if I need mobi and epub - I assume that these are two separate files that I need to give my web guy for him to link the files on my website? (I use ID - taught myself that last month) and have created book files - how does the file have to be different - when I provide this to my web manager? Can anyone explain this?

Thanks again.
ePub is the almost universal format used by the vast majority of eBook readers and software is available for most computers to read files in this format. You can read about ePub on our wiki.

Unfortunately one company does not support ePub, that company is Amazon and none of their readers will read ePub. They have their own format they call AZW but it is really MOBI since they purchased Mobipocket. you can read about MOBI on our wiki as well. Since Amazon is a major player, it would be a good idea to also support the MOBI format.

Dale

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-04-2013 at 11:00 AM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote