View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 05:23 PM   #1
ich007
ich007 began at the beginning.

Device: Togo
Unable to access calibre-server with Firefox 62.0

Hi,
I am having a working calibre serve that I can access with eg. a Chromium browser from my Ubuntu 18.04 destop computer, the calibre server is running on a different, headless, machine also under Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
However, with the current version of Firefox 62.0 I am unable to open the java-script based homepage of the server, I am getting the "Loading, please wait" moving status bar forever. The same problem occurs on a Windows 10 computer with Firefox 62.0. On the Ubuntu Desktop anything works fine with the Chromium Browser, so this is a workaround. Downgrading Firefox to version 59 which is offered in Ubuntu also solves the problem. I am assuming that the upgrade from 61 to 62 is causing the problem and I assume that it is not an issue of the calibre server itself, its more a problem or some safety measures of Firefox.
Although there are workarounds, I would prefer to use my standard browser which is Firefox, so my question is:
Any ideas how to get the java-script based calibre server version working with Firefox 62?
Thanks a lot for your help
Uli
ich007 is offline   Reply With Quote