View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #5
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Your original version reads fine to me. It's clear and unambiguous and to me that's what grammar is primarily for. So whether it's technically correct or not, I think it's ok. It certainly wouldn't bring me out of the story or anything like that.

Now if you're looking for the best sounding sentence that's a matter of aesthetics.

I'd probably go with EileenG's suggestion because it's more concise and that feels better to me, but that's about taste really.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote