View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 12:31 PM   #1
hyegeek
Groupie
hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ez Reader (hanlin v3)
Yet another recomendation request

I've been reading through this subforum trying to decide which e-book reader I should purchase. There is a lot of good information here, but I have not found much information on a particular feature that I want.

The feature in question is the ability to display ebooks in arbitrary languages (specifically non latin character sets). I want to put my Armenian bible into whatever device I get and have it display correctly. I have the text in UTF-8 and there are plenty of truetype fonts that will display the characters correctly.

Armenian characters look like

Քրիստոս Ծնավ և Հայտնեցավ, Ձեզ և Մեզ Մեծ Ավետիս:

(the above is the traditional Christmas greeting and response)

From what I'm reading, I seems that the cybook gen 3 should be able to do this (At least some people are reading books with cyrillic characters, not sure if those are UTF-8), but I can't be sure and I can't tell which others might also work.

Other features that are important to me include

Linux compatible: I only use Linux
Open formats so I can use my content and PG content.
Fast boot or hibernate and resume capability.
hyegeek is offline   Reply With Quote