View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 03:16 AM   #512
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphoent View Post
Hi, turns out I wasn't doing this ha
How can I guess so well.

@DaleDe: hi, I think I will want to create a Wiki page (like "Monitor, HDMI (Max2)" and "Monitor, desktop remote") as a collector of the info presented here in time.

Quote:
to have a A5 mode similar to what is found on the Dasung Paperlike pro whereby there is no dithering but also no 'flashing' either, due to the fact that there are only 5 gray levels there seems to be very little ghosting to
I have not yet seen that A5 from Dasung, and the only information received upon request (I have not searched thoroughly) revealed a plain A2. So, I have little information. But that's a waveform, it's part of the firmware.

> no dithering

You want dithering, and you want it in all modes (you want it optional in GU).

Quote:
I like the non-dithering appearance on the GU however the flashing is incredibly annoying.
In case you mean a flashing of parts of the screen uncaused by your action but occurring constantly and periodically like a heartbeat: of course it is annoying if it is there, but it is not meant to be there. You should try and find a setting that fixes it.

I have no unwanted heartbeat flashing, on my Intel NUC + Max2. You cannot use the Max2 as monitor with that fault of the updating noise, not in Greyscale Update but not even in A2, positively: for the battery drain and for the broken visuals, which GU only makes more evident.

The Max2 as monitor works perfectly here, and with that glitch it would not be usable.

I think that the users should report here which sources have the fault and which work well (e.g. MacBook something, HP 1234, Dell ABC with Ubuntu 16.04).
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote