View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #12
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
The problem is you have to intimately know your document *before* you load it in Sigil. Now if you are writing it yourself, hey no problem. If on the other hand you are just doing an ad hoc edit of a book from calibre to fix some margins in the stylesheet and get the TOC sorted - BAM, content is gone and chances are you wouldn't know it until you try to read that book a few months later. And I'm not talking about cosmetic stuff like the sgc styles thats been done to death - this bug literally deletes the entire divs and paragraphs of text off the page from that point. No warnings, no logs, no dialogs - just completely gone from code view or book view. There used to be a similar issue if your pages had javascript on them, but that got fixed along the way.

I know nothing about the internals of Sigil or Tidy to comment on what is or isn't possible to fix or offer an alternative, but now having seen this happen it is to me a complete show-stopper for Sigil with Tidy turned on.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote