View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 06:35 PM   #71
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Grumpy,

Indemnification is a separate issue which deals more with guarantees. It is not relevant to the issues here. If you read my posts you will see that I never mentioned indemnification. I am not sure where you came up with the term.

Please consider this hypothetical.

Seller A says "pay me a fee and I will give you a discount on books you buy from me. I have great prices to start with and you will save even more. I have a massive inventory."

Buyer pays the fee in reliance on that statement.

Seller A then says, "I am increasing the price of the books I sell and also reducing significantly the number of books available from me. This is not my fault. It is because of industry conditions."

Seller A is acquired by Seller B. At the same time Seller A reduces its books available and increases its prices, Seller B Sells those books at one half of the price of Seller A.

Buyer then faces this choice: Buy the book from the Seller A Membership club. Buy the book from Seller A's parent at one-half the price Buyer would pay Seller A.

Please explain the benefit Buyer received for the fee he or she paid Seller A to join the club? Please explain Seller A's statement that the change is due to industry conditions when its parent company charges one half the price?
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote