View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #7
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
Yes, but not much more--and, as people never cease to make it clear, the technology is already good enough. The consumer pressure they imagine toward improvement really doesn't exist.

- Ahi
I think there's a certain amount of blind acceptance, which may be more concentrated in communities like this (which are often founded and developed largely based on justification bias). I think there's also quite a bit of discontent in the populace, and many don't participate actively in communities because they've just decided to abandon ebook readers altogether until something good comes out in the future.

I, like you, suppose it will not really lead towards high-end ebooks, but it may lead to somewhat less awful ones. The article basically is just suggesting improvements on the basis of font diversity and cover design. Those are issues that may in fact be remedied in the future.

The things I worry about:
a) being complacent with low-quality e-paper
b) ignoring advanced book typography (including general novels)
c) focusing on gimmickry rather than on qualitative improvements

Last edited by LDBoblo; 09-01-2009 at 01:57 PM.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote