View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 05:52 AM   #26
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnat View Post
So now almost everything is working correctly, despite some dictionaries not being accurate enough, and not being able to handle accented characters in some foreign languages (eg. hungarian).
I guess that could be worked out a bit by using a proper collating function in the sqlite db and/or by insering "clean" keys into the dictionary index, but I cannot investigate this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnat View Post
You can use them ordinary if you name them correctly, and you can even misuse them "cross" if you fakename them :-) So if you have a german interface and a french book but want to use a fr-en dict, you just rename the fr-en dict to fr-de and then it pops up as french-to-english in the german interface.
Is it sufficient to change the file names or did you also change the metadata language_from (-f switch) and language_to (-t switch) while creating the dictionary in Odyssey format? If I remember correctly, simply changing the file names is not enough to have them working as you describe. Would you mind clarifying the point?
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote