View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Taking "Books They Couldn't Pay Me to Read" quite literally...I would agree with you 100%. Sure, I'll read "50 Shades o' wutever" for say, $100 apiece? I could afford loads of good books.
Should be more along the lines of "What books would you never read unless someone payed you well to do so?"

Even then, I'm just not willing to go out on a limb and say that I know (with 100% accuracy) exactly which books I could never like without ever having read them. I'm one of those readers who often doesn't know what he likes until he finds himself liking something he always assumed he wouldn't like. And then I'm pissed because I could have been liking books like them for a long time. Yeah... I'm like that. I try to never say never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness
You're pricing yourself way too low. There are a thousand enjoyable things I could be doing for way more than $50/day (the time it takes me to finish a book if I do nothing else).

Life is short.
I've actually found it rather long and quite tedious at times. I already spend eight-ten hours-a-day getting paid to do something I don't like. I'd quit that job in a heart-beat to be able to sit at home in my fat-chair with my feet up, getting paid $50 a pop to read sucky books for eight hours-a-day. I'd be the best professional sucky book reader anyone's ever seen.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-05-2012 at 03:55 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote