View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdgarris View Post
Some good thoughts; thanks everyone.
I'd suggest Kindle w/SO wifi refurb - $99, IIRC. Mind you, new is only $114.

At 8 (young eyes, very good close vision) he might prefer a 5" eInk reader with the 200dpi screen. In the UK Waterstones are selling the Bookeen Opus at about £90/$150, but I couldn't find it so cheaply in the US.

The BIG advantage of the Kindle is their replacement policy. My son (22!) has had two, free, replacement kindles after his screen broke, in the original and later in the replacement. Hopefully his third will last a lot longer.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote