Thread: Mini EPUB Page Count?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
OK, I think I must be a bit blind, I just now realized that when I hit the Menu button to find a menu option to show me my progress in the book.... the status bar shows up. Now if only I could claim the space 'saved' for the status bar as usable reading space I'd be happy.

I re-converted my EPUB files using Calibre to change all the margins to 5 point. This is great for the top and sides, but the 5 points on the bottom go "above" the blank status bar. *sigh* At least I don't have 1cm margins top and sides and 2cm margin on the bottom like I did before the re-convert.
I use 1.2em as my (base) body font-size: this equals about the same text size on Zoom 3 as a paperback.
I also set the right margin at 16px so the 'page' numbers in ade appear small and do not encroach into the text (blurs when that happens). I use 2px for the rest of the margins, just to stay clear of the edge/bezel
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote