View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #11
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Well, the problem with Barnes and Noble (owner of Fictionwise) is that virtually not of B&N's e-books are available outside the US. I like the stuff I find at Fictionwise; I cannot understand why it isn't profitable. In fact, I find it hard to believe -- with back-end software in place and a confirmed customer base and very little cost to keep the lights on -- isn't Fictionwise a nice tidy cash cow? It makes a margin on everything it sells and it carries no "inventory". How hard is it to go broke under those conditions?!?

Or perhaps what we are seeing are the "visionary executives" at their finest at work at B&N.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote