View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 10:10 AM   #23
gokalp
gokalp began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthorpe View Post
Hey - I'm really intrigued by the TC1100. What are your experiences with it as a reader and for note taking? How is the battery life?

I have noticed some on ebay that are decent in price.

Thanks
For notetaking, in my experience TC1100 works beautifully with MS Onenote 2007. The stylus that comes with TC1100 is an active one, and it supports two modes - left (draw) and right click. At some point I also got a generic active stylus, which has another button on the back which acts as an eraser (like a real pencil). That is even better, and makes notetaking easier.

As a reader, I use it for reading papers and digital comics. It has a 10" screen, so in portrait mode, I can read a whole page fit into the screen, even in double column technical papers. But for others, they might want bigger fonts in that case some vertical scrolling might be necessary with landscape mode.

For comparison, standard letter size is 8.5" by 11". TC1100's screen should be 6" by 8", so in portrait mode the paper on the screen would be 70% (in length) of the printed paper (50% in area). In landscape, it is almost the same size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
Right here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=32066&page=2
(Just scroll down till you see my post about it.)

The right click thing is different, however.
That is great. Thanks again!
gokalp is offline   Reply With Quote