View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 03:03 PM   #6
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
Yes, I suspect that coloring rules have a very big impact.

Make a backup and remove coloring rules and see what happens. Also check what happens if you remove all custom columns.
Just to see what happened, I deleted the rules in increments. I also realized that one of the custom columns, a non-template, had a color rule. These are the results:

Measurement used is how long it took to scroll right/left.
-No noticeable increase in speed between 16 and 38 color rules
-A small but noticeable increase at 15 color rules
-Larger increase in speed when I removed 3 color rules that had 'has this-but not this' conditions
-At 5 rules speed becomes acceptable with only occasional lag
-No noticeable lag with 1 color rule and 1 custom column w/color rule

Editing speed has increased as well, though I know the number of books I edit at any given time will have some affect on the processing speed. Processing 5 records is not the same as processing 500.

Thanks for the help in figuring this out.
I have to wonder if it might not be worth having a sticky with most common reasons for slowdown in Calibre. It might save a lot of headaches.
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote