View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #4
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
If you are using "Lastname, Firstname" in the Author field, and still want the series displayed on the Author line on the Kindle (and preserve the display of "Lastname, Firstname as much as possible), then you can do this.

Code:
Source Template: {author_sort:re(\, ,_)} {series:|(|)}
Destination Field: Author field.

Template: {series_index:|[|]} {title} 
Destination Field: Title field.
It will replace the comma and space with an underscore, add the series (in parentheses) to the Author field, and the index (in brackets) to the Title field.

It will display like this:

[1] Homeland
Salvatore_R.A. (The Dark Elf Trilogy)
Could someone walk me through this?

I enter (in the author column) my author lastname, firstname - and "use author sort for author" - is there something else I need to do in this step?

In Metadata plugboards, I add new plugboard, with format = any format and device =any device, then "Source Template: {author_sort:re(\, ,_)} {series:|(|)}
Destination Field: Author field."

This is the part I"m not sure about:
If in Preferences>sending book to device - save templete, I change "{author_sort}/{title}" to "{series_index:|[|]} {title}", where do I put Destination Field: Title field.
[/code]

I'm learning one step at a time, here and any help would be most appreciated.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote