View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
Preacher0815
Preacher0815 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 301+
I love to keep my options open. On a device that can be rooted, for example it would be possible to install yet another PDF viewer application, one that can handle reflow better.

After some some digging, the Kobo Aura HD sparked my interest as well. The display has the highest ppi among readers, but Kobo blew it from my point of view in regards of build quality of the device as well as an unnecessarily invasive registration process users have to undergo just to get the device working.

Anyway, I am now very tempted to hold out for more devices to be released in the 6" to 7" size range sporting 1440x1080 displays.

The newest iteration of the Kindle Paperwhite also looks interesting. Does it require some sort of registration process before it can be used?

Dang, what should I do?

PS: I'm strongly leaning towards the Pocketbook Touch Lux. The Kindle also needs to be registered, like the Kobo. The Sony PRS-T2 only has a 800x600 display. The T3 has a 1024x768 one, but handles badly while in its enclosure. The enclosure can be removed, but then you have to deal with the uneven backside of the device.

Didn't think privacy would be an issue with e-readers so soon.

Last edited by Preacher0815; 10-17-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Preacher0815 is offline   Reply With Quote