View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #23039
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
Another genealogy vent here. I got my greatx3 grandfather's marriage licenses (or copies thereof, I think) from the New Orleans Public Library, who were nice and speedy as possible in getting me those ($2 a pop because his first wife died young and he remarried, so there were 2).

Anyway, I was so disappointed! There was really no information on there pertinent to what wanted beyond what I found in the online index. No names of the bride or groom's parents. The witness wasn't even one of my greatx3 grandfather's brothers, so I can't even be 100% sure I got the right guy, though I am reasonably certain. *Sigh* I really wanted his first wife (my greatx3 grandmother's) mother's name.
Do you have online access to census records? You seem to be in to genealogy pretty deep, so I would imagine you already checked census records for the names you need IF they would be listed in the 1850 census or later where individual names were listed. I'm sure you've already checked every avenue available. I was just wondering.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote