Thread: Aura HD Kobo Aura HD
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #542
lkodk
Connoisseur
lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: PRS-505 + PRS-600 + PRS-T1 + Kobo Glo
Should I buy one?

Hi all,

I currently own a Glo which I really like, but I am intrigued by the new Arua. The question is if it is worth the upgrade.
Where I live it is not possible to play around with Kobo ereaders in store before deciding as the are sold from web shops only.

So I would really like your opinion, if you have bought a Aura even though you own a Glo.

As I wrote, I really like my Glo. The bluish light doesn't bother me as I rarely read in complete darkness.
I actually also like the size of it. Even though I mostly read at home, I occasionally use public transport where I prefer spending the time reading as well. And there I like the fact that it's easy to bring along as it fits my jacket pocket easily.
But at the same time I definitely wouldn't mind a larger screen and crisper text that the Aura seem to provide.

Do you find the larger screen improves your reading experience compared to the Glo?
Is the text noticeably crisper than the Glo, or is it really only marginal?

I am a bit worried about the added weight as it, at least on paper, seems noticeably heavier, but how does the difference feel in real life?
I know it is still much much lighter than a good old fashioned paper book But I like my ereader to be as light a possible.

Also, how is the battery life compared to the Glo?

My Glo is only 6 months old and is in perfect condition, and since there's not really anything I dislike about it (hardware wise) I really don't need a new ereader, so can I justify the 200 €?
I would really like to hear the pros and cons from those of you who have rushed to part with a perfectly working Glo and jumped on the Aura bandwagon
lkodk is offline   Reply With Quote