View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 04:15 PM   #3
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberman tM View Post
I tried it, didn't work. The normal system started.

Is there a special keypress necessary perhaps?

How can I make sure the hardware fits? The CPU should be the same. I don't know what this PVI is?

I guess U-Boot should call the update_kernel script? It seems to me that this doesn't happen.
I copied the program "poff" into the OI directory and changed the script to call this file instead of boot-oi.sh.
I also added a command to create a file.

Nothing happened.

My device was an Elonex EB600, which uses now a CoolEr firmware. I don't think there's anything unusual, besides the custom pictures, but they shouldn't matter - unless I really broke something when I overwrote the picture MTDBlock to get a startup image?

--

I suppose it would be too late if the actual system called this script, instead of U-Boot?
Well, actually the update_kernel is called from a startup script, not from U-Boot. It should happen automatically, without any keypresses.

It seems that the CoolEr firmware doesn't run update_kernel.

Btw, you've got EB600E, which is another model with epson chip. There no OI for you hardware, sorry.