View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
My own experience with the Pandigital Novel:

I bought a white PDN at Kohl's as an after-Christmas special. I updated the firmware from the Pandigital website to the "stock" 11/19/2010 firmware and tested out as much of the tablet as I could through the "ebook" interface.

Following the microSD removal and replacement routine on the Pandigital website, I updated the 1GB internal mSD to an 8GB mSD. I then updated the firmware to the 1/14/2011 "tablet" version using the updater on the Pandigital website.

The end result is a 7" android tablet with the ebook reader software as an icon to launch instead of being the main interface. The user has full access to the settings, home screen, etc., as any android device allows. The upgraded 8GB mSD card is now split into two partitions (this is done by the flash to the tablet firmware) which gives the tablet 4GB of application storage and 4GB of data storage. The stock firmware only had access to the 512MB of internal memory for applications and the 1GB mSD for data.

The "out of the box" programs from the tablet firmware include the ES File manager which allows the user to explore the files on the internal and external SD cards to launch APK files for install or to open data files and the SAM (Slide Me Android Marketplace) app to locate and install more android applications.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote