View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 12:18 PM   #21
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liviu_5 View Post
The problem: he put 700k in the system and considering maintenance (not a lot but still..) it's going to be a while until it pays for itself...
Yeah, that's my disconnect: I don't have half the cost of my house to spend on the system experts say I'd need, to get a payoff within 30 years. I'm glad Larry Hagman can manage it, but I don't have Larry's or JR's bank account!

Anyway, I'm holding out hope for the non-silicon-based cells to hit the market at significantly lower prices. I hope that, when it comes time to re-tile my roof, I'll be able to put solar tiles up there on 50% or more of its surface.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote