Thread: drm protection
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 02:33 AM   #7
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by timezone View Post
By the way O'Reilly the publisher of software development books sells them without any DRM. It is totally open. I now am assured I can transfer the books to a new reader when I get one. I have great respect for O'Reilly respecting the customer. I will never give away any book but especially an O'Reilly book.
Does this mean if I buy a new reader, my existing epubs with DRM cannot be transferred across? Can I authorise the new device with ADE - like I have with my existing device? If DRM ties you down this much then it is even worse than I thought!
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote