View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I just noticed that five of Lauren Haney's excellent (IMO) ancient Egypt/Lt. Bak mystery series are available for US$ 0.99. I'm not sure if this is really a "sale", since no "normal" prices are given, but they are HarperCollins agency (or at least not-couponable) books, so it is a "deal" (again IMO).

I've been to Egypt twice, and love Egyptian history, and these made me really feel as if I were in Egypt, with a great sense of setting - even though the the fort of Buhen, which is the setting for several of the books, is now underwater due to the Aswan dam.

The five are:

Flesh of the God - which is a prequel

A Face Turned Backward - #2

A Curse of Silence - #4

A Cruel Deceit - #6

A Path of Shadows - #7 (if you don't count the prequel, which was published in between #6 and #7)

search on Kobo

search on Amazon US

Last edited by sufue; 11-03-2013 at 11:53 AM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote