View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #19
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I think the Kindle firmware version 2 is more aggressively dropping TCP connections. I had the very same problem with the kindlevncviewer tool (non-Kindlet), so I made it using an endless loop of reconnection tries, and so in the best case the user won't notice. However, connections are dropped a lot. I think Amazon did this to prevent long-time TCP connections which would eat battery by preventing proper sleep modes. Some TCP ports are excluded from this cancellation, so that's why - say - via an USB network connection SSH works uninterrupted.

Maybe OP can adopt such a mechanism for his variant of VNC viewer.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote