View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Just curious

Why isn't the SOny supported by the plugboard?

Helen
It is, but not in the way that people might expect.

The plugboard supports changing the metadata for books *in the book*. Sony's don't use the metadata in the books, but instead use the information in the device's database (unless something goes wrong and the database is rebuilt). For lots of reasons, the information in the sony database is built using calibre's metadata, not the book's metadata, so changes made using the plugboard won't be used in the database.

I can change the sony driver to use the plugboard when writing to its database, but the changes are non-trivial. My concern is that any mistake will change existing collection data. My experience to date with that sort of mistake has not been at all pleasant.

Edit: The restriction has been removed. Sony DBs are now fully supported by the plugboard, using the special format 'device_db'.

Last edited by chaley; 10-08-2010 at 06:26 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote