View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 07:26 AM   #30
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
... I'm not trying to sound paranoid or anything, but I did notice that one thing that seems to bind together many of the countries in which the international Kindle will not be sold is that they are Muslim countries. The only Muslim dominated countries that I could find that could receive the Kindle are Albania and Bosnia, which are within Europe, and Tanzania which is in eastern Africa. It is not available for sale within the entire Arab world, even in countries with well-developed infrastructure such as the United Arab Emirates ...
Well, I certainly hope Amazon doesn't have an anti-Muslim bias. Being as the Kindle is just now going international, perhaps they have not yet worked out deals with the countries you mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
There is also a racial bias (it's not available in black).
Well, what more proof is needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
I am insulted with it. So what?
They hate America. They attacked it. American company ignores them. What is a big deal? What did they expect?
Am I wrong?
Yes, you are. Many Muslims are patriotic American citizens and many have served honorably and long in Iraq and Afghanistan. Not every Islamic believer is a terrorist any more than every Christian blows up abortion clinics.