Thread: Literary Moonlighting • July 2019
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 11:46 AM   #18
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
This is an interesting slate! I was also hoping to see what AnotherCat might nominate (and what anyone else might nominate for that matter), but still the choices this month are great.

One thing I noticed is that every single nomination has a distinct country or country group. Bookworm_Girl, I also noticed each of your nominations is by an author that is connected to England but also has other country ties, which is an interesting coincidence unless you were going for that theme.

Another thing I noticed is that this might be the most diverse group of nominations we've ever had in regards to years. Not only do we have seven different decades represented, but we also have an astounding six different centuries represented!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
This month was a fun topic to look for nominations.
Glad you enjoyed the search! I admit I found it difficult to find anything I wanted to nominate for the 'secondary job' aspect of the topic even though I tried, but the night aspect gave me plenty of different words and themes to consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnenmonat View Post
Thank you so much, sun surfer!
As I nominated Endymion, I've never thought that you've also got prepared to nominate the works of John Keats. What a coincidence! But I like that, it's exactly the charm of our book club with so many different thought backgrounds and life experiences.
I was glad for your nomination since it made it easy to decide which three to nominate of the four I was still considering. It is very interesting we both though of Keats for this month though; maybe he just has a very moonlit quality!

Last edited by sun surfer; 07-05-2019 at 11:49 AM.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote