View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 07:40 PM   #6
CharlieSummers
CharlieSummers began at the beginning.

Device: FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I'm not sure why you feel you have to use calibre when doing the DRM removal. Why not head back to apprentice Alf and look carefully at the tools you can download.
Did that a very long time ago, and the site was recommending DeDRM plugin for calibre as the way to go (wow...a LONG time ago...my first DRM removal was in September of 2011!). I will make a return visit now, thank you for the heads-up.

Edit: Appreciate that, and now have the the latest versions. But I still have the same issue; because Calibre is so ubiquitous, no one else has written an AZW->ePub converter, and other than some on-line systems (I am not uploading a book I purchased to any website), web searches all come up with the same suggestion - use Calibre. So even if I strip the DRM with Python, I still need Calibre to (badly) convert the document. (Note my complaints are never about the DeDRM plugin, rather the file conversion to ePub.)

From a simple workflow perspective, easier to do the strip with the plugin during the import. Unless you hopefully know of another off-line converter routine I missed?

Last edited by CharlieSummers; 06-25-2017 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Typos, additional information, fix grammar oops.
CharlieSummers is offline   Reply With Quote