View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 08:18 PM   #49
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Collections will do whatever they did before, and have some modest enhancements.

Earlier I said that they only display Grid mode, but it turns out that is only if you have the (new) Collection setting as Show only in Collections view (Collections View is new to Kindle, borrowed from the Kindle apps). Collections View displays as a Grid, and when you open a collection from there it is also in Grid mode. (I’ve updated the earlier post)

But for the other 2 Collection options, collections can be intermixed with Library items. If Library is in List mode, and you open a collection (or Series group) from there, it will also be in List mode. If Library is in Grid mode, the collection (or Series group) will be in Grid mode too.

The enhancements are that you can apply filters while in the collection. Before, you could only toggle between Downloaded and ALL. And as mentioned, there is now a new setting to control the presentation of Collections in Library.

Edit Feb 11: Whatever filters are in effect in Library will be in effect when when viewing a Collection or Series group, and vice versa. If you set a filter that excludes all items of a Collection or Series group, it will not display until you clear the filter. Filter options will be disabled if you don’t have any items of that type that match.
Thanks for all the info. Some were griping with their updates that the collection was only mixing in their libraries now, but they may not have the settings correct. I haven't messed with it myself as of yet.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote