View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 08:54 PM   #21
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndriver View Post
I described my situation in a misleading way.
I meant the query of the content table after filtering the results of the ReadStatus column to either 1 or 2 (reading and finished).
There are books I have finished a year ago, which report the correct time. Others finished very recently also seem to be correct. But some books between these periods either disappeared or are reporting a very low value.

I had to repair my Kobo account at some point in the past, because there were a lot of missing covers. And I remember that it had to download a lot of books that were already in my device. Maybe it is related to that.
The reading time is only there for books actually read on the device. For purchased books, it isn't synced in any way. If you read on multiple devices or the Kobo apps, each place only has the time spent reading there. And if you reset the database on the device (sign out or factory reset), you will lose the time spent.

I'm not sure what the repair will do. It probably depends on whether it has to recreate the database entries. I think it checks everything and then replaces anything that is questionable. The latter would probably mean the reading time and related stats would be lost.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote