View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 04:22 PM   #68
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
I'm pretty sure that's only a problem when you want to remove DRM. Kobo says they support Adobe's DRM and don't list a specific version. Or if the book in question is an EPUB3. For some stupid reason Kobo doesn't support EPUB3 in non-kepubs so using ADE DRM'd EPUB3s can end up with a broken experience(Maybe you can rename them .kepub.epub later to get around that?). I just ended up removing the DRM anyways.

Do any of the EPUB stores even use this new DRM? Kobo and Google Play still seem to give the old one in my experience.

Having used both the buying experience on the devices/apps is basically identical. Absolutely not a reason to chose one or the other. Using oBoK plugin is arguably easier than Amazon now that everything is in it's own folder and has gibberish names in Kindle PC.

Amazon has more polished software with better dictionary support but worse font/layout options. I like small fonts and basically only one font on the smallest setting was usable for me. The rest were too large.

On Kobo there's enough font sizes that I can use whatever font. Kobo also has way better devices for the money. The voyage is $300 in Canada. For better lighting and fake page turn buttons. Still the same crappy 4GB storage and 6" screen size.
When didn't Amazon have gibberish names in the PC storage? Though if I remember right, it isn't actually gibberish but the book number.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote