View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 08:35 AM   #2028
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can sample both readers before I choose. Audible UK only has the Ric Jerrom version (or the abridged version by Robert Hardy, the actor, but I never read abridged versions). Look like I'll have to do a bit of exploring...
As with Charlie's preference, I suspect I prefer the Simon Vance versions because I listened to them first. Unfortunately, I think those are totally unavailable for purchase as the rights were withdrawn. However, US OverDrive still carries them; I don't know if that's also true of UK OverDrive.

Patrick Tull is equally terrific* so that's not a significant drawback, but it sounds as if you've got something of a pickle in terms of tracking him down. Fingers crossed. I can usually shrug off geo-restrictions, but every now and then there's an issue of monstrous proportions, as in this case, since Audible US sells the Patrick Tull versions.

*Patrick Tull does read slightly more slowly than Simon Vance, so you get more bang for your buck. Or quid.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote