View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 05:56 AM   #28
ijdod
ijdod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ijdod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ijdod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ijdod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ijdod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ijdod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ijdod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ijdod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ijdod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ijdod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ijdod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You should be converting your ePubs to KF8, rather than Mobi. They will look identical to the ePub that way.

I guess it's a question of whether the benefit of being able to use ePub directly would outweigh the loss of sales from the Amazon store which would inevitably result. I strongly suspect that it would not.
Could be. That said, all the people I know who bought a non-Kindle, have done so for those reasons. This is by no means valid market research, but Amazon might be surprised.

Also, I'm a firm believer in standards. If they support non-DRM MOBI and PDF, they can do EPUB as well.
ijdod is offline   Reply With Quote