Thread: Vox Videos
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #3
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Okay, nobody has any suggestions, so here's what I've found out on my own (just in case anyone still reads this forum). I went to Google Play and found Photon Flash Browser, hoping it would play flash videos directly from websites. Don't waste your time on this. The app is incredibly slow and klunky, needs you to turn on Flash when you feel you need it and basically didn't work with the Vox.

But then I discovered something else. I always had auto-rotate screen turned off in my display settings and my browser set to landscape. When I turn auto-rotate ON, then flash videos in my browser still tell me to choose ES or Gallery viewer, but play in landscape mode instead of a small screen in portrait mode. The one glitch is that sometimes my browser displays upside-down in landscape mode, such as when selecting more settings with the menu button. I also can't leave it in auto-rotate mode because then when I'm reading a book in Aldiko, the Table of Contents comes up in landscape mode even though the reader is set to portrait.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote