View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 06:29 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelchm View Post
I'm new to the electronic reading scene, just got a Sony Reader this past friday. I've been in the process of digitizing my music collection and my DVD collection, so I figured why not digitize my books as well?

So, heres the real problem. I've figured out the best means of archiving my CDs [FLAC + CUE], and I've been quite happy ripping my DVDs in x264... BUT, what is the best way to store ebooks? In a perfect world, I'd be able to store them in a completly open format [html?], covert and dump them onto whatever reader I am using at the time without having to worry too much with formating.

So, have any of you guys came up with any good ideas on developing an ebook library that works well with our existign readers, but will also allow relatively easy path of conversion, etc for use with future formats/readers?
If you are able to use Book Designer you can use it to convert your Books into LRF and other formats such as MobiPocket, MS Reader, Fictionbook eReader. You would archive off the HTML0 files from Book Designer. Or if you use HTML2LRF you'll have your source as HTML.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote