View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #13
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I have a simple view. No I don't think it will change much for the Indie author.

The push by the big publishing houses will be to people that have been out of reach to the indie author. If we are lucky a small percentage of the 'new' ebook users will come to places like MR and will be exposed to a larger and more varied 'new' group of indie authors.

All in all I think it can be nothing but good for all of us.

Just one more thought - think what MySpace did for the indie band - music production is no longer the pure field of the big boys anymore. MySpace and the like have put the music back in the hands of the musicians, so here is hoping.................

(PS I used to own and run a small recording studio so this isn't a totally naive statement)

Last edited by Peverel; 12-30-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote