View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 08:58 PM   #13
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
"Short stories" by Jack London.
Even though it was written in the 1800s he really nailed human nature spot on.
I heard a writer say once that if you want to learn how to write a story, read one of London's. He was bloody right in all senses. London was kind of cruel to his heroes, most of the time killing them. If you read it in one pass you'll be a case for depression since the book is also fairly long.
But if like me you cherish the beauty of words and the quest for intelligent "propos", London's the master. It is the only book out of which (aside from poetry) I will reread a story.
Bingle I'm happy to find someone else who likes Cherryh.
There are many sites dedicated to fans of her creations. Some of them have gone berserk.
http://www.shejidan.com/
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote