View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #112
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTee-Ess View Post
I'm a new Mini owner, and I already like it a lot.

However, coming from a Kindle (we have 5 of them in the family) I find the Mini's insistence on displaying large top and bottom margins devoted to information I do not need while reading my books ... frustrating.

The size of the Mini (a huge plus for me) inevitably means that screen real estate is at a premium. I am used to the Kindle setup where I have to press a button to have information displayed in the top and bottom margins. Otherwise, the space is used to display extra lines of text from the book I am reading.

Surely, the Mini firmware could provide a similar option. Please...
Stick with/revert to firmware version 2.5.1, or 2.5.0 to avoid the top margin/title problem. Also, edit the CSS in epubs to widows: 0; orphans: 0; or add the following to Calibre for epub conversions:

Preferences/Change Calibre Behavior/Conversion/Common Options/Extra CSS:

p, body{
widows: 0;
orphans: 0;
}

This will give you the most text on your Mini.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote