View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #7
Ben1canobe
Ben1canobe began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Book Pro and Ipad
I was going crazy trying to find the folder but it was hidden - Here is the fix I found to "UN HIDE" the missing Kindle folder...

Mac OS X 10.7 & OS X 10.8 defaults to hiding the users Library directory, this is probably to keep people from accidentally deleting or damaging files that are necessary for OS X Lion to function properly. That is fine for novice users, but for some of us, we want to be able to access ~/Library/ at will. A visible Library folder was also the default setting in past versions of Mac OS X, here is how to get this back.
Show User ~/Library in OS X Lion & Mountain Lion

Launch Terminal from Spotlight or Launchpad -> Utilities, and enter the following command to show or hide the directory:
chflags nohidden ~/Library/

The users Library folder will immediately become visible again. Reverting this back to the standard Lion setting is simple too:
Hide User ~/Library in OS X Lion (default setting)

This returns to the default setting of hiding the user Library directory:
chflags hidden ~/Library

Changes take effect immediately again, and Library becomes invisible to the user.

Update: temporary one-off solutions are also available for quick access to User Library in Lion

It was there - but I just could see it... [user]/Library/Application Support/Kindle/My Kindle Content

Hope this helps...
Ben1canobe is offline   Reply With Quote